The Destiny 2 Beta doesn’t become active until the 19th but you can get things going right now…
The BETA timeline
July 18, 10 AM Pacific : PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Participants
July 19, 10 AM Pacific : Xbox One Pre-Order Participants
July 21, 10 AM Pacific : Open Beta for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
July 23, 10 AM Pacific : Social Matchmaking Test available for one hour
July 23, 09 PM Pacific : Beta Concludes
In addition, beta testers will be able to check out Destiny 2’s new social space, The Farm — but only for an hour starting at 10 a.m. on the last day of the beta.
If you have not registered your preorder code, go here to register:
If you have already registered go here to get your actual BETA code.:
Destiny 2 Beta Storage Requirements
The Destiny 2 Beta will have the following platform storage requirements:
|Platform||Destiny File Size||Storage Space Needed for Download|
|PlayStation 4||15 GB||30 GB|
|Xbox One||13 GB||13 GB|
The Beta is only days away and Bungie has some words for us as we enter the fray…
Destiny 2 Beta will be available on PC in late August.
Soon, players will be taking their first steps into the world of Destiny 2. We want to know what you think! The Feedback forum is already set up. From your first experiences in the Homecoming mission to your 100th hour of Countdown, let us know what you like and what you think can be improved upon in the future.
If you notice anything weird happening and think you may have found a bug, we also have a place set up to house reports on any Game Issues.
Known Issues Preview
As this is a Beta build, some issues will be present and may impact gameplay.
Please note the following:
- Players may experience a variety of networking error codes when attempting to play the Beta
- Bungie will be testing server stability throughout the Beta, which may cause error codes to appear periodically
- Location names sometimes do not appear during Crucible gameplay
- Players sometimes are Kicked to Orbit after witnessing a black screen when entering a Countdown match
- Players may sometimes be placed at the beginning of the Inverted Spire Strike Activity when joining in progress
- Sandbox balancing is still taking place: Some weapons or abilities may have higher or lower damage than intended
- Not all content has been localized in all languages
- If you encounter any network related issues during the Destiny 2 Beta, please follow our Network Troubleshooting Guide to ensure proper network settings for Destiny gameplay.