Microsoft today issued a wide-ranging Xbox Live “service alert” for Xbox 360 and Xbox One. According to a post on the official Xbox Live Service Status page, the affected services on both platforms are extensive and affect the following:
- Accessing all game features
- Capturing game videos
- Joining other Xbox Live members in online games
- Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing
- Posting game performance or viewing the performance of other Xbox Live members
In addition, Microsoft says there is an issue affecting the Xbox 360 right now where the console is “getting stuck on a black screen” when attempting to launch games or apps. “Hang in there!” Microsoft says, noting it is investigating all issues currently and will share an update regarding the status of these affected services as soon as they can.
“Thanks for your patience during this time,” Microsoft said.
What I found has worked for me so far are:
- Sign in with a non live account, start your game and then sign into live.
- If you account is auto signed in, logout before starting your game, start your game, then log into live.
Drop a note in the comment if you are having this issue, if the solutions mentioned worked or if you have a different solution to share.