For a long time now Linux users have enjoyed the portability of their OS making it possible to take your OS with you or even boot an entire OS right from a USB or CD/DVD drive. Finally Microsoft has caught up with this awesome feature, but as the proverb goes … Better late than never right?
- Press Win + X and select Control Panel
- Switch to show Small Icons and select Windows To Go
- Select the USB drive you want to have Windows on and click Next
- Let the wizard do it’s thing. It will search for your installation files and proceed from there. If your installation files are in a different location, you can specify that location in the search bar.
- Click Create, sit back and enjoy your cup of joe while your portable OS drive being created.
Let us know how this worked for you.