For those of you with an Apple Laptop or Desktop, here is a deal you can’t refuse but it’s probably not going to last for long so hurry up…
Load up your App Store and click Updates
Apple is letting you upgrade to their latest OS and it’s free for those currently using Mountain Lion, Lion or Snow Leopard….
The new software includes iBooks, which allows users to sync the books they are reading on their iPhone and iPad with their Mac computer. It also includes Apple’s Maps app, which also will sync with iOS devices to easily transfer addresses from your laptop to your phone. Apple’s Safari Web browser has also been updated with some new features, including a shared links sidebar that surfaces the links your friends have shared on Twitter or LinkedIn. Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president of software engineering, also revealed today that Mavericks will improve battery life, even on current Macs, allowing up to an hour’s worth of extra Web browsing time.
Mavericks is compatible with all the same computers that are able to run the current Mac operating system – Mountain Lion.
- OS X v10.6.8 or later
- 2GB of memory
- 8GB of available space
- Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
You better hurry…
- The Deepest Dive Into OS X 10.9 Mavericks You’ll Find (arstechnica.com)
- Apple’s OS X Mavericks available today free from the Mac App Store (macdailynews.com)
- Apple OS X Mavericks released for free (kvue.com)